BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cattle Drive!

Lately I've been really missing horseback riding. I called my instructor, but the lessons are only in the ring...there's no potential for trail riding. I decided to wait a few days to decide if that's what I really want (lessons are a little pricey). As I was checking my facebook yesterday, I spotted an ad that said "wine tasting on horseback near Santa Barbara." Since I have a four day weekend coming up, I checked out the website and it looks amazing. It turns out that they need at least 2 people to do the wine tasting tour...darn...none of my friends can make it (most of them aren't interested in horseback riding anyway). And a gorgeous cowboy hasn't been in the picture since I left Oregon : (

Then he mentioned that I could come along for a cattle drive. Huh? They have cattle in Santa Barbara? (Well, it's actually closer to wine country). Woo hoo. Oh my gosh. Yep, that's was what I was thinking. Turns out that the guide is a former polo player and just started the business. And...um, he's very very handsome. Just when I thought it was going to be another beach weekend at home, I got restless and found this opportunity. Gotta love it...I've always said you have to make life happen : ) So this cowgirl's headed up to SB Friday morning...gettin' out of the city and back on a horse. The solo spontaneous adventures continue! Wish me luck : )

6 comments:

Amber said...

I grew up on a farm and I had the most wonderful arabian horse for two years. I was SO sad when she died but she was old and lived a long, good life. I miss riding horses SO much. I used to love riding through the trails bareback! My dad always made me ride bareback so for the first two years I had her I only ever rode bareback, it wasn't until I started doing gymkhana's that I started using a saddle (western). Aww, thanks for bringing back good memories for me with this post :-)

Anais said...

Oh my so much fun!! I used to do horseback riding too, I miss it...:( Last summer, in France, my bf and I went riding in the Camargues...absolutely beautiful :)

A cattle drive sounds like so much fun!!! You never know, you might get a date out of it ;) Right when you're not looking too!

Anonymous said...

awww! not only does this sound like oodles of fun but the handsome guy makes it a million times better! hope you have a blast and remember to take lots of pictures - gluck hun!

Shoshanah said...

Good Luck! I wish I could say I'm jealous, but I'm not really a horse person. So i'm glad it's you and not me. Hope you have fun!!

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a BLAST!!!! i miss riding - i took lessons when we lived in california way back when. and a solo adventure, how exciting!! :)

Anonymous said...

ewww i hate pushy sales people! id just keep ignorning. but if she writes you more, just tell her youre not interested. ha. crazy lady