BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A World Away from LA

So what the heck am I doing in LA?  That was my question after driving down a dirt road in the Santa Ynez Valley.  Chugging a Coors Light to calm the nerves, I wondered what this little adventure would be like.  Sure enough, the 3 guides were pretty uh rugged hot.  And all engaged.  Shucks!   I had high hopes anyway...some other people showed up & we had a group of 10 or so... 2 pro surfer girls, a photographer, a wealthy ranch owner and his girlfriend, and 2 random guys.  So much for a laid back camping trip!  Other than that, the scenery was breathtaking...vineyards, green hills, and wildflowers.  We were one ranch over from Neverland...seriously. The cattle drive part was pretty easy...it was fun being on a horse and figuring out how to direct the cattle (including a huge white bull!). A bunch of people showed up for the branding (I guess it's a big deal when cows are stamped and castrated...ewww) and there was a bbq afterwards.  I made a connection with one of the guys who said I can come out and ride anytime.  This made my day...I'll be back up there as soon as I can get my butt out of this cubicle again.  

3 comments:

Amber said...

Glad to hear you had such a good time, sounds great!

Anonymous said...

oooh sounds like you had fun!! bummer they're engaged :( still great to look at, of course!

Anais said...

Sounds like you had an amazing week-end :) Did you take any pictures??? It sounds like it was breathtakingly beautiful :)