BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Photolicious Blizzard

Cavy http://ontheroadwithcavy.blogspot.com/ tagged me the other day to post a Photolicious photo. Perfect timing ‘cause I can’t think of anything to ramble about today. Her blog is hilarious - check it out! The tag is to pull a photo from the 6th folder of your library and the 6th photo. Here’s what turned up.

It’s a photo that I took from the chairlift on Mt. Hood 2 seasons ago. I grew up snowboarding on this mountain, and it’s notorious for blizzardy conditions. That’s what I love about it…it makes you feel like you’re really braving the elements. This trip was a really fun one because my brother, best friend, my two cousins and I all went up together for night skiing. The visibility and wind were pretty bad, so my best friend and I eventually separated from the group and took shelter in a tiny hut/pub mid way up the mountain. Two of my straps broke, so it was really tricky getting down at the end of the night. Now that I’ve gone to other places like Tahoe with better conditions, it’s crazy to think about all of those blizzard-like days and nights on Mt. Hood. But it’s still my snowboarding home : )
I know you guys can top this one...I tag Anais and La Di Dah.

3 comments:

Anais said...

I'm assuming that I'm the only Anais around lol :) So excited! I've never been tagged before :) lol!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the loving shout out! :) i love mount hood! my sister goes to ski camp there every summer :)

Thomas said...

Such pictures!