BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Food Friday


I was so excited when I looked in the fridge after grocery shopping last night and it was stocked with ALL healthy goodies. A year ago I was eating out all of the time and had forgotten what it was like to eat fresh foods. Sometimes I have a hard time remembering what my favorite meals are, so I'm jotting them down today.

Breakfast
- Total cereal with blueberries & skim milk
- Low fat cottage cheese with fresh pineapple chunks
- Silk Light Chocolate soy milk & a banana
- Alicia's smoothie - ½ frozen banana, handful of frozen blueberries, raspberries or strawberries, small handful/scoop of regular old-fashioned oatmeal (uncooked), 1/3 cup plain nonfat organic yogurt (like Nancy’s that comes in the big bin), 1 tbsp honey (small squirt), and 2 scoops soy protein powder (vanilla or plain flavor – Genisoy brand). Add enough water to cover the fruit, and blend.

Lunch
- Caprese salad - iceburg lettuce, spinach, baby tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, & low fat vinaigrette
- BBQ Chicken salad - iceburg lettuce, Fresh & Easy bbq chicken strips, cilantro, tomatoes, avocado, salsa, black beans, & Kraft Catalina fat free dressing
- 1/2 turkey sandwich (avocado, turkey, tomato, sprouts, lettuce, wheat bread w/at least 4 grams of fiber and less than 100 calories)
- 1/2 tuna sandwich w/light mayo (or mix with avocado) on wheat

Dinner
- Grilled salmon fillet with miso sauce, microwavable brown rice, and steamed broccoli (5 minute meal using George Foreman grill)
- Lean Cuisine with added veggies
- Light burrito (wheat tortilla, black bean mix, mozzarella cheese, fresh & easy chicken strips, avocado, & fresh pico de gallo)
- Caprese or bbq chicken salad

Snacks
- Fruit (strawberries, cherries, clementines, grapes, Honey Crisp apples, oranges)
- Almonds
- Rice pudding snacks - blueberry/pomegranate flavor
- Kraft stringums string cheese
- Low fat triscuits
- Fiber One chocolate & oats bars (35% daily fiber!)
- Sugar snap peas

In addition to my fitness goals, I decided it might be fun to have a few food goals too:
- Attend 1 Saturday market a month to get fresh fruits and veggies
- Take a cooking class
- Bring my reusable grocery bags to the store (I always forget them!)
- Buy better knives (maybe that pink Kitchenaid set at Ross is still there...)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Hmmm, all that stuff sounds good! I always love having my fridge stocked up on monday mornings (I do my shopping on Sundays usually). I always used to forget to bring my re-usable bags but now that we bus it it's much easier to fit all of our groceries into our backpacks then lugging around 20 plastic bags!

Anonymous said...

Its not hard to eat healthy. Just make sure that when you go shopping you are not starving, thats the key.